Friday, September 18, 2009

Tip #2


Today I ironed my sheets. I actually think people like that are neurotic, but I take more joy in making my bed when my sheets are crisp. Actually I only iron the top 12 inches of the flat sheet and the pillowcases, because that is what shows.

Tip #2 is Take Joy in your work.

Yes there are jobs to do every day. I wipe my back glass door just about every day. I used to resist that because the dogs get it dirty on the outside and the kids on the in, but it still always looks better clean.

I am glad I am not a pioneer, they did the same jobs just about every day all day. I have time to sit at my computer, pick up a book, and sometimes shower. But today I want to delight in dishes, and be grateful for so many modern conveniences that took jobs from taking all day, to a simple 5-10 mintues.

Thanks Angie for your "power blast" Idea. From what I gather she sets her timer for 10-15 minutes and works! She keeps moving to get everything she can done in that short amount of time. It is amazing how that helps.

Some tasks are big and some are small however they all feel great to get done! We are women and we are doing an amazing work!

No comments:

Post a Comment